Arrival and Check-In
- The sliding doors at the entrances of the departures and arrivals areas are equipped with motion detectors.
- The check-in counters have openings which make it conducive to serving people with a mobility impairment.
- Designated wheelchair parking spots are at close proximity to the Airport Terminal Building in both the short-term and long-term parking lots.
- Curb cuts make all crosswalks and sidewalks wheelchair accessible.
- Airport staff serving the public in the Airport Terminal Building must complete Personnel Training for the Assistance of Persons with Disabilities.
- Commissionaires (airport security staff) provide assistance to anyone using the airport facilities.
- Wheelchairs are available by contacting the Commissionaire at the Information Booth. Wheelchairs can then be brought to the curb for use.
- Passengers requiring special assistance, such as wheelchairs, should make their needs known to the airline when booking their ticket.
- Passengers in need of special assistance through secured areas to boarding areas, for a family member or an aid to escort them, can have that person obtain a document of entitlement from the airline, when checking in for the flight. This will enable them to accompany the passenger to the boarding area.
- There is ample wayfinding signage throughout the terminal. The majority of the signage is blue background with white symbols and/or wording in both official languages.
- The Airport Terminal Building is all on one floor.
Relieving Areas for Service Animals
There are no specific areas designated as relieving areas for service animals, however, there are various grass areas located directly outside the Airport Terminal Building.
All public washrooms are fully accessible. A wheelchair accessible private "family-washroom is located behind the rent-a-car booths.
Accessible Local Transportation Serving the Airport
|Name of Service Provider:||Pat and the Elephant|
|Description of Service:||They provide full wheelchair accessible transportation service. The company requires to be contacted prior to arrival, as they do not serve the airport on a regular basis. To avoid delays, arrangements should be made preferably 24 hours or more in advance.|
|Name of Service Provider:||Donna's Transport Ltd.|
|Description of Service:||This company provides accessible transportation using wheelchair compatible vans. 24 hour advance notice is preferred. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. year round. Service areas are Charlottetown and Summerside.|